Long Hauler Syndrome: A Message of HOPE!
“It was months after recovering from Covid…
I should have gotten my energy back.
I should have been feeling better. But I wasn’t.” ~Jill
She couldn’t get up in the morning. She was unmotivated. She came to the clinic looking for answers.
Unfortunately I am very familiar with patients presenting with this odd new condition the lingers months post COVID.
Long Hauler’s Syndrome
Maybe this is you, or maybe it’s someone else you know who suffered from COVID in the last two years—and they just have not recovered to where they were prior to the infection. Unfortunately, even though the toughest part of the infection is over, the rest of the healing journey has only just begun.
The most common Long Hauler symptoms are:
Body aches and pains
Let me tell you a little more about Jill.
She came into the clinic in tears. She’d been miserable for months. She’d seen multiple doctors. She'd had lab work, multiple tests and body scans. The whole nine yards…. Nothing was showing up “abnormal”—but that didn’t change the fact that she felt miserable.
As a working woman she'd used up all of her vacation time. Finally, she had nothing left to give to her job, let alone her family. Her tears were justified. She felt hopeless.
Luckily her friend referred her to our clinic…
A New Medical Condition on the Horizon:
The clinical findings of this new condition, called Long Hauler Syndrome, continues to come forth. It’s a complicated condition. Some researchers are suspecting that the infection from COVID-19 triggers changes in the immune system and the autonomic nervous system.
- Immune System: Damage to the Immune System leaves your body defenseless against future illness—hence the continued feeling of sickness, fatigue and brain fog.
- Autonomic Nervous System: When the autonomic nervous system is damaged—patients experience anxiety, palpitations, high blood pressure, and night sweats.
More and more patients are presenting with Post-COVID Long Hauler’s Syndrome. Some doctors turn them away because the lab work doesn’t classify them as sick.
It’s frustrating and it’s sad.
A NEW Solution:
THANKFULLY there is a solution. Actually, an INCREDIBLE SOLUTION!!!
In our clinic we are getting EXCELLENT results with Long Hauler’s Syndrome and patients who are suffering from the long-term effects of COVID-19.
We developed a new treatment program: Pro-Vid Therapy™—which is a unique scientific treatment strategy that works to improve the immune system, and lung and heart function.
- Acupuncture—to decrease pain and restore function
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent—to change biochemistry at the cellular level
- Ozone Therapy—to boost the immune system, detoxify and oxygenate the cells
- Custom ProVid™ Formulas—to rebalance cellular function
A message of HOPE:
For Jill, the treatment program was lifesaving.
- In the three months before I saw her she’d have unusual odd flare-ups of symptoms, long after she was no longer positive for COVID.
- After she began her treatment program, she got her energy back.
- She was finally able to take a deep breath without coughing.
- The night sweats eventually resolved.
- And her hair began growing back as well!
- Within 3 months—she is 85% better—and still progressing.
If you or someone you know is STILL suffering from Post-COVID-19 symptoms, please call us. We can help. You don’t have to suffer for months and months…and months.
Dr. Kimberly Thompson
Meridian Family Acupuncture